Acne is an awfully embarrassing problem that most people experience. Even adults come across this problem due to different reasons. This is not just a problem that teenagers go through. Just like the popular saying, prevention is still the best solution to acne. This means that before you encounter the problem of having breakouts and having to look for acne treatments, you should be applying some prevention tips in order to minimize or even eliminate the chances of having the problem in the first place.
Here are the best tips for preventing acne:
- Wash You Face at Least 2x a Day – washing the face minimizes dirt and other pollutants that cause acne. For most people, washing with plain water will do. However, some people need to use special acne solutions like sulphur-based acne soaps. It is ideal to wash the face in the morning upon waking up and at night before going to bed. Remember to do it carefully as over-scrubbing can stimulate the sebaceous glands to produce sebum and cause breakouts. This is also one of the best acne treatments once a breakout has already occurred.
- Keep Your Hair Off Your Face – studies indicate that many instances of breakouts are caused by the hair. This is because hair can irritate the skin and sometimes also collects dirt which causes pimples when it comes into contact with the skin. If you’ve been suffering from acne for some time now, it might be time for a new hairstyle.
- Use an Antibacterial Facial Mask – preferably use something natural like a product with honey as the main ingredient. Honey is great because it very gently and also has an antibacterial property which is the reason why it is used for disinfecting purposes and treating minor blemishes. Most of the effective acne treatments today include some kind of antibacterial mask or facial wash.
- Follow a Healthy Diet – a healthy diet is very important when it comes to acne prevention. This is why most acne treatments include some king of special diet. Stay away from high-fat and high-sugar foods like junk food and fast food which can cause breakouts. Nutrition is very important when it comes to skin health. It is also recommendable to add a good multi-vitamin.
- Change Your Pillowcase 2x a Week – Your faces comes into contact with your pillowcase for several hours while you are sleeping. The pillowcase absorbs oil from the skin and also collects dirt and other pollutants which can cause pimples and acne. Change your pillowcase at least twice a week. The same goes for your blanket and beddings.
- Don’t Wear Makeup – makeup can cause breakouts. First, it can cause irritation to the skin. Secondly, it can clog the pores and collect dirt and other pollutants. In some cases, breakouts are just an allergic reaction to an ingredient in the makeup used. If you really have to, invest in high-quality makeup that is hypoallergenic and doesn’t cause clogging of the pores.